Saturday, April 14, 2012

Inked.

Last night I got another tattoo.
I like tattoos.
Not everyone does. I get that. Heck I married that guy. However, he sits by patiently while I get my tattoos done and even manages to say nice things about them afterward.  I kinda like him.

I have 3 tattoos. 
I got my first one when I was 20.
 
This is it in all of its tiny glory.
In retrospect I wish someone would have told me how much tattooing your ankle sucks.
Talk about pain.
I got it in a small tribute to a band that helped me through some rough times and helped me to embrace my inner freak.
No I won't tell you what band. 
Let's just say that no matter how lame they became... the music they made during this time was and always will be extremely important to me.
 I got this tattoo when I was 26 and on vacation in San Jose California.
I love frogs. 
I mean I have an unhealthy obsession with them.
My house is overflowing with frog things.
It all started when I was 14.
In particular I love poison dart frogs. 
So it seemed only natural to me that I declared my love in tattoo.
After my first tattoo I decided I didn't really like color. 
Mostly because, frog tattoos in particular, can look very cheesy in color.
I love this tattoo. 
I get compliments on it all the time.

 This one I got last night.
(For the record, I'm 29)
Yes, I got a tattoo on Friday the 13th.
I get how ominous that is.
This tattoo, as you can see, is of one of my dogs actual paw prints. 
This dog is my soul mate.
There are no words for the love I have for this dog. 


It may seem silly.
It may seem like a waste of money.
It doesn't matter though because when I decide to mark my body forever with something I don't make the decision lightly.

1 comment:

  1. So good to read another post!

    I REALLY like the new tattoo - it makes me wish I had an imprint or photo of Molly's paw, even. I also like the symmetry on your back.

    Hope to read more here (without the need for more body art each time)!

    ReplyDelete