Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mish Mash...

Last week Husband took some vacation time so that we could properly celebrate our anniversary.
(I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that he needed to burn some vacation time since his deployment to Korea was cancelled... Right?)
It was fantastic. We never even left town. Let's review the highlights shall we?


On our actual anniversary we ate nachos, took a nap, had take-out pizza & worked on a puzzle of the Taj Mahal. Who knew it was possible to feel competitive about puzzles? In my case... it's very possible.

On Monday we visited the zoo and I got sunburned. We go approximately every 2 years and I always get sunburned. You'd think I'd learn my lesson but no, I never do. I was annoyed that the poison dart frogs were M.I.A., again. The one thing I really look forward to and they are always off breeding or something. Oh well.

Tuesday was the long-anticipated Foo Fighters concert.
Best. Night. Ever!
It was 2.5 hours of pure awesomeness. The acoustic section of the encore was so amazing. I will forever be a devoted fan. (and for the record I have loved them ever since Big Me premiered on MTV a million years ago)
(In my opinion a concert can really make or break my love for a band and in this case I will be forever devoted) 
I really tried to grab Dave Grohl's sweaty outstretched hand on the few occasions that I was less then 5 feet from him but alas it wasn't meant to be. And as a side note, I'm not sure why I always tend to be a magnet for spilled beer at concerts but I am. This tends to make me very sad and sticky. 
And because my mom asked me what a Foo Fighter was I thought I'd include a video for my favorite song on their new album:


Needless to say Wednesday was not my best day. I felt like I had a really bad hang-over. I guess it must have been from all that beer my skin soaked up during the concert. 

Thursday we visited the aquarium. It was far better then the last time I went... something like 4 years ago, I think? We actually spent more time there then we had at the zoo. They have the cutest otter there. I seriously could have watched him all day. 

Saturday & for a few hours on Sunday we visited Mayfest. It was supreme fun. I'm now completely in love with Lisa Loudermilk's art. Too bad I don't have the cash flow to actually purchase any art...
Unless you consider this funky little frog to be art (which I do). I named him Maynard. I've also discovered that his toes are very sharp and can be used as a weapon if needed. Don't ask.

It was a fun week. 

To sum it up: When my grandma asked if we had yet to have any serious blowups my reply was "nothing that going to bed couldn't solve"... Husband's reply? "or me ignoring you until you got over it." He's so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment