Tuesday, May 3, 2011

That evil genius!

I posted the following on Facebook earlier:

"Husband has agreed to eat as much veggie/vegan food as I'm willing to cook. Now I have to cook... the plan has backfired. He is an evil genius."

So here I sit.
A pile of cookbooks stacked next to me on the couch.
A wet cutting board in the kitchen.
Dishes drying.
Hands reeking of cilantro, again.
And I am tired.

Tonight we're going to feast on my first & only successful vegan recipe because I bought more cilantro & green onions at the farmer's market on Saturday. I have no idea why. I just did. Turns out this is a good thing though since Husband has been bugging me to make the dish again anyway. 
Tomorrow I plan to attempt something called the "Buddha Bowl" (Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr) only with sugar snap peas instead of black olives because I still don't like black olives and the snap peas were another bizarre decision I made on Saturday. 

I now have several old salsa jars overflowing with items from the bulk bins and a bowl of chickpeas soaking in the fridge. It's a whole different universe from my Taco Bueno days. Hopefully in a good way.

In the meantime though it would nice to find recipes that don't have a thousand ingredients and more importantly that it contains ingredients that I can pronounce. Also did you know that scallions are the same thing as green onions? I didn't until I googled it. I've been googling a lot lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment